10 Tips For Carry-On Luggage
Given the seemingly ever increasing prices to check bags, you can expect more passengers to carry-on luggage to keep their cheap airplane tickets and cheap vacation packages truly cheap.
The following are tips for handling carry-on bags to make you and your fellow passenger's trip as pleasant as possible:
- Follow airline rules regarding size and number of items that you carry-on. Since bag dimension limits may vary between airlines check out your airline’s web site.
- Make certain you adhere to TSA’s (Transportation Security Administration) rules for liquid carry-ons (Read more about TSAs). Deviating from these rules will probably delay you and everyone in line behind you.
- Place your bag in the overhead bin with the wheels in first so that your bag can be easily repositioned to make room for other items placed in the bin.
- Avoid putting your bag in lengthwise since this will allow the maximum number of bags to be stored overhead.
- Leave your larger bag in the overhead bin and your smaller bag under the seat in front of you.
- Place your bag in the bin above your seat or as nearby as possible.
- Confirm that your bag is not too heavy for you to lift it over your head. Other than for exceptions due to age, illness or injury, you should be able to handle your own bag.
- Take out any items that you anticipate wanting during the flight before takeoff.
- Only lay your coat in the overhead bin after everyone’s bags have been put away.
- After your flight open the overhead door slowly as to make sure the baggage hasn't shifted and falls out.
Petra Vaškových, Aug 31, 2011
Do you like WhichAirline.in?